What are Crowns?
A crown or a cap as it’s sometimes referred to is like earthquake strengthening for your tooth or like you walking around wearing a helmet all the time, your head is far more protected from whatever comes its way. Dental crowns can restore both the function and beauty of damaged teeth.
Benefits of crowns
- strengthen a weak tooth
- rebuild heavily filled or broken teeth
- cover cracked teeth to prevent cracks from expanding/splitting in half
- rebuild smashed front teeth
- protect root canal treated teeth
- cover warn down / eroded teeth
- cosmetic improvements
- hide discoloured teeth
- change the shape or lengthen teeth
- you can even improve crooked teeth instantly (if braces aren’t your thing)
A crown will enhance the appearance of the damaged tooth. More importantly, a crown will restore the tooth’s natural function. Your crown will enable you to bite down, chew, and speak with naturally.
Porcelain Crowns (white)
Porcelain is the most natural looking material that can be used to construct dental crowns. Your front teeth are crucial to your overall appearance. If your front tooth/teeth require a crown, we will use the most natural, beautiful, durable and porcelain available!
When function and strength out way aesthetics then a gold crown is the perfect option. Gold crowns can be more conservative and are often more durable.
What to Expect
- At your first appointment the dentist will prepare the teeth to be crowned by removing a small amount from the top and around the entire tooth.
- A digital scan or impressions will be taken of those prepared teeth. The digital scan will immediately be sent to our trusted NZ dental lab where they can begin fabricating your crown while your still in the dental chair having fun with us.
- A temporary crown will be placed while you wait for your permanent crowns which typically take 1-2 weeks. This appointment takes about an hour.
- At your second visit your dentist will permanently stick your beautiful new crowns onto your teeth.
If you’d like to start your dental crown journey today then give us a call at FLOSS dental boutique.